Saturday, July 02, 2011

The Man Who Wasn't There

Once I dreamt about a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today but still i met him again.
I wish he wasn't there and he still wasn't there.
I met the man who wasn't there on the stairs.
But I forgot whether I was going up or down.
And I stood on the stairways with the man who wasn't there.
I wanted to go up but I felt I was from above.
I wanted to go down but I felt I was from below.
Still I was on the stairways with the man who wasn't there.
I shook his hand and say hello.
To came a such surprise the man said he wasn't there.
I felt I knew him from a long time a go.
But I could not recognized the man who wasn't there.
I stood up and left.
But I could not decide.
Was I from above or from below.
I looked up and saw the place I was before.
I looked down and saw the place I was before.
I am here and there all at once.
The man who wasn't there greet me with a hearty hello.
I told him that he wasn't there and he told me he wasn't there.
I still see the man who wasn't there.
All of this could not be happening.
Unless if I knew the truth.
What is the truth?
The truth is the man wasn't there from before.
He wasn't there from after.
He wasn't there from anywhere.
And still I saw the man who wasn't there.
I closed my eyes and count from 1 to 5.
Just to know where I was before.
I couldn't hide the truth.
That the man who wasn't there told me that he wasn't there.
I cried and cried.
I do not want to meet the man who wasn't there.
I smiled and smiled.
The man who wasn't there still stood on the stairways.
Laugh and cry, Proud and shy, at last I knew.
That I am the man who wasn't there.
And I am no more.
All that is left is the man who wasn't there.

No comments: